with the bold text in the example below: The Skychi Travel Guide : Nigerian Fast Food is Heathy Food

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nigerian Fast Food is Heathy Food

The best of travel part of travel for me is trying new foods.
When I first arrived in Lagos, Nigeria my friend +tope akinmade took me to Tastee Fried Chicken. My driver Mustapha and I would go there every morning like many Lagosians to pick up breakfast and lunch. Even though the food is fried, it is still closer to a home-cooked meal than traditional American fast food. Check out the Tastee Fried Chicken website. Does this look like Popeye's or McDonald's to you?


Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken

Tastee Fried Chicken
Tastee Fried Chicken


Tastee Fried Chicken Salad
Tastee Fried Chicken, Chicken Salad

I enjoyed jollof rice, fried rice, and red rice with chicken or Crocker fish. I was really missing vegetables until I found this Chicken Salad at Tastee Fried Chicken.  
It consist of shredded cabbage, carrots, corn, tomatoes, eggs, lettuce and diced chicken. It is delicious.

I think that Nigerian fast food is very healthy despite the fried foods, it is much fresher than American fast foods. The drink of choice is juice instead of sodas.

What are your favorite Nigerian fast foods?